Felling & Processing Trees over 380mm (Medium Tree IA)
Duration: 3 days Training with an integrated City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
Attendees: max. 4 per course
Venue: This is normally completed at our site locally to Llanidloes, in Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
Pre-requisites: Chainsaw Maintenance, Crosscutting & Felling Trees up to 380mm
Qualification: 0021-01 or 0021-11 - previously known as CS32
- To understand the regulations, legislation & safety requirements related to the use of chainsaws and industry good practice.
- To understand and practice Health & Safety, Risk Assessment, Tree Felling Legislation and Environmental Protection
- To fell, safely and accurately, trees over 380mm diameter; upright, backward and forward weighted trees.
- Snedding or de-limbing techniques for larger trees, to specified standard of safety and quality.
- To use appropriate aid tools & techniques for take down of hung-up trees; what not to do and the use of winches.
- To crosscut stems over guidebar diameter by use of reducing cus or by cutting from both sides, to specified standards of accuracy using safe efficient techniques.
- To present produce as specified for subsequent extraction or loading.
- To be able to work safely.
Course Information Sheet: Course Information Sheet - Felling & Processing Trees over 380mm (Medium Tree IA)