Pesticides PA1 & PA6 incl AW (handheld sprayer)
Duration: 3 days Training including computerised PA1 Assessment, with an optional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment for PA6 handheld sprayer
Attendees: max. 6 per course
Venue: This is normally completed at our site locally to Builth Wells.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
- To understand operators responsibilities under current legislation controlling use of pesticides.
- To read & interpret a product label and literature.
- To understand PPE required, its suitability and personal hygiene.
- To understand the operators responsibilities with regard to pesticide container storage and disposal.
- To be aware of personal contamination procedures.
- To be award of accurate record keeping and how to keep accurate application records.
- To be aware of environmental and wildlife factors when using a pesticide.
- To have knowledge to prepare site for applying pesticides.
- To understand the basic components of a knapsack sprayer and select appropriate nozzle.
- To calibrate applicator and carry out procedures for measuring, mixing and filling applicator.
- To know how to maintain, clean and store applicators.
This course includes the PA1 computerised assessment on the 2nd or 3rd day, and also covers the AW (spraying near water) element as standard.
This course can also include the following optional elements for an additional fee:
- G - Applying pesticide pellets or granules to land
- GW - Applying pesticide pellets or granules to or near water
- PP - Installing Pesticide Plugs in Tree Stumps
- INJ - Operating Hand held Pesticide Injection Equipment
- MC - Operating other Hand Held Applicators requiring Minimal Calibration
Course Information Sheet: Course Information Sheet - Pesticides PA1 & PA6 incl AW