Forestry Machinery - accredited courses
We can provide a Record of Registration, known as a "Provisional Licence", for Operators working towards their Forest Machine Operator Qualifications.
Please complete the new application form here if you would like a provisional licence.
We can offer training if you are a complete novice with Forest Machines however you will need to be able to access the appropriate machinery for the course.
These courses all work towards a City & Guilds NPTC Assessment:
- Base Machines
- Cable Crane
- Drainage and Mounding
- Flail and Mulcher
- Harvester - Felling & Processing
- Processing Timber (mobile and static)
- Static Loader
A Certificate of Accreditation will be provided for the above; we can also provide a Certificate of Training which includes valuable instructor feedback.
Forestry Machinery - bespoke courses
The following are all bespoke courses delivered by mwmac Ltd to enhance your Forest Machine Operator skills:
- Access Track Maintenance in Forestry and Woodlands
- Contract Pre-Commencement Meetings - preparation
- Drainage of Woodland Sites
- Firewood Processing
- FMO - Mentoring for Theory Regulation Section
- Forest Machine Refresher / Update Training
- Hand Winching
- LOLER for Operators
- Machine Operator Maintenance
- Pollution Control
- Risk Management for Forestry
- Skyline and Hi-Lead Systems
- Splicing Ropes & Cables in Forestry
- Timber Quality & Measurement
A Certificate of Attendance or a Certificate of Training will be provided by mwmac Ltd for all courses