Grey Squirrel Control
Duration: 1 days Lantra ITA training
Attendees: max. 8 per course
Venue: This is normally completed at our site locally to Builth Wells, in Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
- Understand the reasons for controlling grey squirrels and the effect they have on red squirrels.
- Understand the biology and behaviour of grey squirrels and its relevance to control.
- Survey for grey squirrel activity and establish a control programme.
- Effectively lay poison safely and with no danger to other non-target animals to control grey squirrels.
- Set traps, both live capture and spring traps safely and effectively with due regard to humaneness
Course Information Sheet: Course Information Sheet - Grey Squirrel Control